Seems this space is getting some attention from the folks out there. Both the writings and the comments have generated a a lot of interest. Thank you for taking the time to read my "ramblings", to comment on what you have read.
Since we are making some headway towards my first goal of getting the word out that this space actually exists, I think it is time to list some "rules" for comments, feedback, and suggestions. I want this space to be a positive one. A productive one. And, at times, silly. And, that will happen more often than you would like.
So here are the rules:
- You can leave as many comments as you would like.
- You cannot "attack" another that has an opposing point of view.
- What you can do is offer a counter view, and if you do it with some thought, hopefully blow the socks off the view you oppose.
- Be civil, polite, and considerate. Otherwise I will tell your mother and have her smack you upside the head.
- Don't offer comments such as, "Why don't they..", or "I hate it that they...", or even, "Those #%&* are totally useless...", unless you can offer a suggestion to replace the thing that is stuck in your shorts.
- Be helpful. If you can, volunteer somewhere in town. Read stories to the kids at the library, deliver Meals on Wheels, or even, fetch me a beer. Wait. Cancel that last one. Too self serving. Better yet, be a "paper boy, or girl" regarding this Blog. Use the little envelope at the bottom of every post, and forward what you have read to others that may enjoy it, or get something from it.
- If you have something negative to say, please keep it under control. Don't slam someone, as mentioned above, for a comment they have made, don't make comments based on hearsay.
- If a comment is directed towards you, or something you have commented on, then respond in a intelligent, soft way, that maintains your position, and respects the opposing view.
- Never write a comment in your underwear or wearing fuzzy pink slippers.
- Don't post anonymous comments. Anonymous comments can not be posted. If you are proud enough of what you have to say, then use your name. If you are afraid of the selectman that lives next door, or your daughter is on a particular board, then use a nickname.
Now, not everything about this Blog will have a political slant. It is just that we happen to to be in a bit of a political quagmire of late, and we really can't develop the ideas that we have unless we use the political process. So, keep in mind that people can be buffoons in office, and out of office. Folks can also be genuine, kind and helpful as well in and out of office. Please don't use this space to attack others, there are other places on the Web just for that. Use them, they can be great therapy.
What I do encourage is commenting on actual events that are documented in the media. Remember, no hearsay.
And, one more thing, if you have any suggestions, or ideas that would like to share that do not pertain to any particular posting, then feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now, I've got to get dressed, get out of these foolish slippers and get my own damn beer.